Certainly one of my favourite vacation traditions is baking pies, and there’s no higher method to seize the spirit of a cat-loving house than with this cat-themed pie crust. What I really like about this “recipe” is that it’s no longer a recipe in any respect. You’ll use your favourite pie crust and filling recipes or perhaps a store-bought pie crust. It’s simple so as to add a bit of aptitude on your favourite baking traditions. Necessary observe: This recipe is for people handiest and will have to no longer be ate up through kitties!
What you’ll want:
- Your favourite cookie cutters — cat-themed in fact! Hearts and different vacation shapes make nice additions.
- Your favourite pie crust, do-it-yourself or shop got. You’ll want sufficient for the ground and to hide the highest of your pie.
- Your favourite pie filling.
- Observe your favourite recipe in your pie crust and filling.
- Divide dough in part.
- Assemble the ground crust and filling as your recipe instructs.
- Roll out the highest pie crust, ensuring it’s skinny however you’ll be able to select it up. (If the dough is just too cushy, kick back till it’s company sufficient to roll.)
- The use of your cookie cutters, lower out shapes for the perimeters and middle of your pie. You’ll get truly ingenious right here, overlaying as a lot or as little of the pie as you favor and that includes your favourite cat breeds and vacation designs.
- To make the design pictured right here, I used a mixture of small fish and hearts across the edge, then I added a cat and two extra hearts for the middle of the pie.
- Organize cutouts onto your pie.
- Bake your pie as urged.
Concerning the writer
Sam is a canine lover, creator, baker, crafter and Instagrammer. When she’s no longer writing, she’s adorning cookies at her weblog SugaredAndIced.com or Instagramming her canine @FrenchHuggs_ and @Quinnstadoodle.
Editor’s observe: This newsletter seemed in Catster mag. Have you ever observed the brand new Catster print mag in shops? Or within the ready room of your vet’s place of business? Subscribe now to get Catster magazine delivered straight to you!